IMPORTANT:PLEASE READ BEFORE INSTALLATION
1. Installation must be carried out by a qualified wiring installer.
2. Turn off the electrical mains at the circuit breaker fuse box.
3. Use power supply 220~240v 50Hz.
4. When mounting the fan,ensure that the safety cable is loop across the ceiling mounting hook.
5 .The ceiling mounting hook must be able to with hold a min of 35 pounds .
6. The ceiling fan must be mounted at a min. height of 2.3 meter of clearance from the floor .
7. Do not operate the reverse switch when the fan is still in motion. Wait till it stops completely before switching to reverse mode.
8. Do not place any objects in the path of the blades .
9. When all electrical connections are done,store all wires neatly.
10. Make sure that all screws and connection are tightly screwed and secure.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY.DO NOT BEND THE BLADE BRACKETS DURING ASSENBLY OR AFTER INSTALLATION. DO NOT INSERT OBJECTS THE PATH BLADES.
Phillips screw driver, straight slot screw driver, adjustable wrench,step ladder,and wire cutters.
If there the is no exciting mounting box, then read the following instructions. Disconnect the power by removing the fuses or by turning off the circuit breakers.
Secured the outlet box directly to the building structure. Use appropriate fasteners and building materials. The outlet box and its support must be able to fully support the moving weight of the fan (at leat 35 lbs). Do not use plastic outlet boxes.
Figures 1,2 and 3 are examples of different ways to mount the outlet box.
Note : you may need a longer down-rod to maintain proper blade clearance when installing on a steep ceiling. The maximum angle allowable is 15. If the decorative touches downrod, remove the decorative canopy bottom cover and turn the canopy 180 before attaching the canopy to the mounting plate.
To hang your fan where there is an existing fixture but no ceiling joint you may many need an installation hanger bar as shown in Figure 4
Attaching The Fan Blades
Note: your fan blades are reversible.select the blade side finish which best accentuates your decor .
1. Attach blade to blade bracket using the screws supplied (Figure 5) Start a screw into the bracket. Repeat for the two remaining screws.
2. Tighten each screw securely.
3. Rotate the center flywheel are visible from the cut-out in the top light kit plate
4. insert the blade / blade bracket assembly through the hole in side of the center flywheel, align the 2 screws holding blade bracket with the screw hold in the center flywheel and secure with screws supplied
5. Repeat steps 1,2,3,&4 for the remaining blades.
All blades are grouped by weight. Because natural woods vary in density the fan wobble even though the blades are same weight.
The following procedure should correct most fan wobble .Check after each step.
1. Check all the blades and the blade bracket screws are secured.
2. Most fan wobble problems are caused when blade levels are unquiet. Check this level by selecting a point on the ceiling above the tip of one of the blades. Measure from a point on the ceiling. measure this the distance as shown in figure 7 Rotate the fan until the next blade is positioned for measurement. Repeat for each blade. Measurements deviation should be within 1/8” run the fan for 10 minutes.
3. Use the enclosed blade balancing kit if the blade wobble is still noticeable.
Hanging the fan
REMEMBER to turn off the power, Follow the steps below to hang your fan properly.
NOTE: This fan is recommended for the standard ceiling mounting using the downrod installation, the distance from the ceiling to the bottom of the light kit will be approximately 19 inches.
TO REDUCE THE RISE OF PERSONAL INJURY, DO NOT BEND THE BLADE HOLDERS WHILE INSTALLING BALANCING THE BLADES, OR CLEANING THE FAN. DO NOT INSERT FOREIGN OBJECTS BETWEEN ROTATING FAN BLADES.
THE FAN MUST BE MOUNTED WITH A MINIMUM OF 2.3m CLEARANCE FROM THE TRAILING EDGE OF THE BLADES TO THE FLOOR.
IF YOU FEEL THAT YOU DO NO HAVE ENOUGH ELECTRICAL WIRING KNOWLEDGE OR EXPERIENCE, CALL A LICENSED ELECTRICIAN.
1. Remove the canopy ring from the canopy by turning the ring to the right until was removed
2. Remove the mounting plate from the canopy by loosening the four screws on the top of the canopy. Remove two non-slotted screws and loosen the slotted screws.This will enable you to remove the mounting plate
3. Route the wires exiting the top of the fan motor through the decorative glass housing, route the wires through the canopy and canopy ring then through the downrod /ball assembly
4. Loose ,but do not remove, the set screws on the collar on the top of the motor housing.
5. Align the holes at the bottom of the downrod with holes in the collar on tip of the motor housing (10). Carefully insert the hanger pin though the housing in the collar and downrod. Be careful not to jam the pin against the wiring inside the downrod . Insert the locking pin though the hoke near the end of the hanger pin until it snaps into its locked position, as note in the circle inset. Of Figure 10
6 Re-tighten the set screws on the collar the top of the motor housing.
|Marking the Electrical Connections|
REMEMBER to disconnect the power. If you feel that you do not have enough electrical wiring knowledge or experience,have your fan installed bu a licensed electrician.
Follow the steps below to connect the fan to your household wiring use the wire connection units supplied with your fan .Secure the wire connection units with electrical tape.Make sure there are no loose strands or connections.
1. Connect the ground conductor of the 220~240V supply (this may be a bare wire or a wire with green colored insulation)to the green ground leads(s) the fan (12)
2. There are four color rise coming from the top of the motor:
WHITE -Live wire for fan
BLUE-Light Kit wire
3. Connect fan wires to ceiling wires .white to white ,black to black,green to Green. If you will beusing a Light Kit, Then connect the blue to wire.If not, Cap the blue wire off with a connector.
4. After connecting the wires, spread them apart so that the green and white wires are on one side and the black is on the other side
5. Turn the wire connecting nuts upward and push the wires into the outer box.
EACH WIRE NUT (WIRE CONNECTOR) SUPPLIED WITH THIS FAN DESIGNED TO ACCEPT UP TO ONE 12 GAUGE HOUSRWORE AND TOW WIRES FROM THE FAN. IF YOU WIRING OR MORE THAN ONE HOUSE TO CONNECT TO THE FAN WIRING CONSULT AN ELECTRICIAN FOR THE PROPER SIZE WIRE NUTS USE.
ELECTRICAL DIAGRAMS ARE FOR REFERENCE ONLY. OPTIONAL USE OF ANY LIGHT KIT SHALL BE FULLY LISTED AND MARKED SUITABLE FOR USE WITH THIS FAN.
ANY WIRES INSIDE ARE NOT ALLOWED TO REPLACEOR CHANGE IF IT IS DAMAGED
|Finishing the Fan Installation|
1. Align the your screw holes in the canopy with the four screw holes in the mounting plate.
2. Secure the canopy in place by using the four mounting screws that were removed in step 2 Described in page 5.
3. You may now proceed to install the decorative support rods.
Speed settings for warm or cool weather depend on factors, such as the room size, ceiling height, number of fans, and so on.
The fan shipped from the factory with the reversing switch position to circulate air downward, If airflow is desired in opposite direction,turn your fan off and wait for the blades to stop turning then slide the reversing switch to opposite position, and turn fan off again. The fan blades will turn to the opposite direction and reverse the airflow.
1. Speed switch-the speed switch features a low. Med, hi and off buttons to select the desired speed of operation and turn the fan ON or OFF
2. Lights switch- to control the light kit.
Warm weather-A downward air flow creates a cooling effec as shown in figure 14 this allows you to set your air conditioner on a higher setting without affecting your comfort
Cool weather-(Reverse ) An upward airflow moves warm air off the ceiling area as shown in Figure 15. This allows you to set your heating unit on a lower setting without affecting your comfort.
NOTICE: PLEASE FOLLOW EVERY INSTALLATION PROCEDURE STATED BELOW TO OBTAIN OPTIMUM SAFETY